Understanding Individual Health Insurance
Whether you need health coverage or have it already, the Affordable Care Act (ACA) offers new rights and protections that make coverage fairer and easier to understand.
What is a Health Insurance Marketplace?
The Health Insurance Marketplace (Marketplace) is a way to find health coverage that fits your budget and meets your needs. With one application, you can see all your options and enroll. The Marketplace is sometimes known as a health insurance Exchange
Should I Purchase coverage through the Marketplace?
That is a good question and we can help you make that decision.
Click Here to view the FPL (Federal Poverty Level) Table. This table will help determine what assistance you may qualify for based on household income and size.
- If household income is above 400% FPL (Federal Poverty Level) you most likely will not qualify for financial assistance. Just contact BIA and we will assist you with your insurance planning.
- If household income is between 138% and 400% FPL, you might qualify for financial assistance. If you are interested in applying for this assistance, follow the instructions in the Marketplace Enrollment Guide. We can assist you with choosing an insurance plan that meets your needs. If you are not interested in applying for this assistance, you can contact our office directly.
- If household income is below 138% FPL (Federal Poverty Level) you might qualify for Medicaid or OHP. Because this is a state based program, BIA is unable to service this policy. We will connect you with someone that can assist you with enrollment in this program.
Federally Facilitated Marketplace (FFM) Enrollment
- Step 1: Enrollment Guide
- Step 2: Apply in the Federally Faciliated Marketplace (FFM)
- Step 3: Contact our office
Non-FFM or Direct Enrollment
Information and Resources
- Oregon Health Care Reform information: Click Here
- Purchasing Individual Coverage Through the Marketplace: Click Here
- Marketplace Individual Health Insurance Subsidies: Click Here
- Small Business Health Options Program (SHOP): Contact our office for more information
Last Updated: 10/12/2016